Be Our Writers
||How to Choose a Wedding
Consultant: 18 Essential Questions
By Robbi Ernst, III of
June Wedding, Inc.
Email : email@example.com
(ęCopyright, 1998. June Wedding, Inc.)
thought of hiring a wedding consultant? Before you do, it
would be best to check out his or her credentials. Robbi
Ernst, III of June Wedding, Inc. has prepared some
questions for you to ask before hiring
1. Does the consultant have a business license
or at least a DBA registration?
2. If you meet the consultant in his/her
home, do they have liability insurance?
3. How long have they been in business?
4. What professional organizations do
they belong to? (NOTE: while belonging to an association
is important, realize that there are some unprofessional
organizations and associations and often their only
requirement is paying dues).
5. How many weddings do they do a year?
6. Ask for at least five vendor
referrals (vendor referrals are other professionals in
the area; vendor referrals are usually more reliable than
7. Is the Consultant Certified; if so,
by whom? Again, check out that Association that gave the
8. Does the Consultant have a contract?
Ask for a copy.
9. Does the Consultant have a staff or
"back-up" system in case he/she becomes
unavailable on your wedding day?
10. Does the Consultant accept referral
fees/commissions? Do NOT work with any consultant who
receives referral fees/commissions.
11.What does the Consultant do? Are they
able to work with you on an individual meeting basis or
do they only work on the full production?
12. Check out well the referrals that
the Consultant gives you. Do they have good reputations
in the local business community? Do they all have
licenses, insurance and health permits (if they are in
the food industry)?
13. Will the Consultant work within your
14. Does the Consultant seem organized,
efficient, able to listen to your ideas and translate
them into reality?
15. How and what amount does the
Consultant charge....and what are they doing for that
16. How often will the Consultant
provide you with written updates on your wedding
17. Will the Consultant be at the
Rehearsal and Wedding Day
throughout? Is this within the fee quoted or is it
18. How will the Consultant be attired
on the day of the wedding?